Friday, April 27, 2007

It's spring, tra la laaaa...... (*gunshot*)... La... la....


A housekeeping item. Just so's everybody knows, I was not the stalker lady arrested for almost running over Sandra Bullock's husband, Jesse James. First of all, stalking seems very counter to my cat-like, sleeping-17-hours-a-day life philosophy. Seems like a lot of work. Hell, even if I lived next door to them, it would be like, "Awww, man!?! I gotta put on pants, go out to my car, put the keys IN the ignition, drive 10 whole metres (meters, 'cause I'd be living in the United States), and deal with Mr. Lucky dodging me? I don't THINK so." Also, I drive a Bland Slam. If it runs over anything larger than a Tic Tac, something snaps off the goddamned thing. Of course, then I could probably kill Mr. James by virtue of the fact that he'd die from laughter as I try to wrestle with my P.O.S. car. So yeah. Hope that clears everything up. Also, I've forgotten how to do links, so I can't actually link to the news story, but the lady stalker is like 5'4" and blond. And I ain't.

Had an awesome day today.... I went to the Garden Centre, and spent a sh*tload on plants and potting soil and stuff. It is my plan to have a lovely, lush, soul-destroyingly plant-y balcony this summer. So I got pansies. Lots and lots of pansies. Go ahead! Make your jokes! I love pansies! They thrive on neglect, and they like the sun, and since the balcony is like one of those desert movies in the afternoon, you know, the ones where there are little heat ripples and mirages and stuff, I figure they've got a good shot. Seriously, though, I can't think of many more fun ways to spend some time than gardening. What I'm doing doesn't really qualify, but it's stilll very fun for me. I get so disgustingly excited about gardening, I thought they were going to have to turn the hose on me at the Golden Acres. "It's spring! Boo yah, mutha f***as! Awwww yeahhh....." On the other hand, I do get seasonal allergies. I was a seriously disgusting specimen this morning. Poor Malcolm (brother, "new" roommate) had to deal with me sprinting past him on the way to the kleenex, screaming, "Oh god! It's like a clown car!" I eventually got a handle on it by mixing a bunch of different cold and allergy medications. No more sinus pain, but holy gods, I was drowsy at odd times! I'm sure this weekend will give me lots of exciting and fun stuff to write about, so I will go out and be naughty and post all about it later!

3 Comments:

At 9:04 AM , Blogger Steve said...

I know how you feel. Visiting the garden centers down here made me almost giddy.

I hope you have better luck with your plants than I did in Calgary.

 
At 9:02 AM , Blogger Suz said...

Glad you're home. I have about half the work done in the garden in the back yard. It's been so beautiful lately. Cheruby raked the front, but didn't clean the mess o' shrubs out so that still needs to be done. Don't worry, I beat him for his impertinence.

 
At 8:26 PM , Blogger neuba said...

Come on...post about the new job and the move back to Cowtown. I wanna know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home