Friday, January 26, 2007


HOMEWARD BOUND! BOO YAH!
I know, I know... It's been two weeks. I can't understand the sheer joy of returning to one's home turf until one has been gone for longer. But I would put it to you that if one's two weeks involved the following:
- fire alarm
- actual fire
- getting harassed DAILY by punks/ jackasses/ losers along Jasper who:
i) swear at you
ii) follow you for blocks asking for money over and over and then, (see above)
iii) talk about who's getting stabbed tonight (seriously!)
iv) pretend to shoot people in the head while shouting something incoherent apparently involving the fact that somebody laughed at them once about something some time in the last 5 years
- finding out that the full time position that you were assured of and moved for is still "in the process of being approved by HR until they can iron out a few kinks. Then we'll create it. I swear."
- get assigned random shifts varying between 12-8, followed by 8-4, then maybe another 8-4 and how about we do it again next week!

... then perhaps a bit of leeway could be given involving the whole joy in going home thing. I swear, the crack house next door seems really tame and so... so... Disney now. I feel like baking them cookies or something.
Grrmmm... Crabby. I think I'm gonna go eat chocolate and watch Constantine. Or maybe Chronicles of Riddick. I need to see something good-lookin' kick the respective asses of something bad. Or maybe I'll go play Civilizations III (thanks, Kovbasa! :D) and see how fast I can kill my city. Last time it took me 10 minutes to destroy civilization. So proud... sniff...
Plus, I think I underestimated how much I would miss my family and friends. I mean, I knew I would miss them, but damn! This is brutal. I feel like I should cut up pictures of them and glue them to my arms as the new transdermal patch.
Okay, I'm done whinging for now. Hope you all have a really good weekend. I know I will, 'cause... I'M GOING HOME! WHOOOOOOOT!

3 Comments:

At 9:49 AM , Blogger Jenn & Owen said...

Wow. That sounds just awful. You should phone us when you get back, and you can have cookies. Or Pie.

 
At 9:36 AM , Blogger Steve said...

I'm sorry it's going so hard for you. You've got to look on the bright side though: You've got friends in Edmonton, your family isn't *too* far away, and it definately sounds like you're not bored.

Miss you. I'll see you in a couple weeks.

 
At 11:05 AM , Blogger Stina said...

Try Civ 4... it's like Civ III but less stupid.

Darren and I will play for hours and hours and hours...

I'm sorry your first few weeks in Edmonton has been a bit rough. Hopefully things start to settle soon so you can enjoy exploring a new city and remember why it was a good idea to move there in the first place.

For an adventure you can always drive the Anthony Henday/Calgary TR BV. It's neato! (Sorry... my transportation geekness is coming through- but it's a psycho interchange!! ) TTYL.

P.S. You need to change your comment settings so you don't have to be a blogger member to comment. Then I can leave the address of the blog that I actually update :).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home