Saturday, March 03, 2007

The horror.... the horror....

So I had my official "violation of orifices with barium" day yesterday. Dude. I'm seriously hoping they find something non-colon related, because I never ever ever want to have that test again. The clinic people were great. Very professional. No jokes. Actually, the funniest comment that was made was by an older gentleman leaving the x-ray room. He looked at me, glared at the nurse, and said conspiratorally, "Don't let her sweet-talk you.", before exiting the premises. Gotta say, once I walked in there and saw the apparatus, I was about ready to bolt too. It was one of those situations that you just know has to be as awkward as possible. I'm pretty sure I'm incapable of being embarrassed now, because there's nothing like having a tube fulla barium shoved in your... um... you know whilst there are several people walking in and out of the room, taking x-rays and asking you to continually rotate. Oh, and the icing on the cake is that the radiologist was freakin' gorgeous. "Of course you are," I thought to myself as I gazed into his soulful, brown eyes.
And then... well... fortunately for you, I've already blocked out the actual procedure. And then afterwards I had chicken pitas and fries and it was awesome. More later. The dog has to go out.

4 Comments:

At 11:07 PM , Blogger K. Donovan said...

Bne - or possibly Europe, I'm not too clear - says you're not doing too good. We folk here in Cowtown aren't down with that. You are hereby directed to get well as soon as you possibly can so you can get back to mocking North Jersey for us.

Seriously though, feel better. Best wishes.

 
At 5:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, it could have been worse. When I got mine done, I walked in to find that the tech who was, ummm, going to be inserting the apparatus, was about 5'11'' and 350lbs. He could have been named Buck. The last person you want stuffing a tube full of barium up your ass, is Buck. Nuff said.

 
At 9:20 PM , Blogger Jenn & Owen said...

It's official, my wife and the General are friends. I have known the General since she was 15 years old, and the other night she calls my house and asks for Jenn... Doesn't want to talk to me, oh no, just my wife.

Blaha.

 
At 8:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry!!! I just got a chance to catch up, we've been battling various sickness here for the last 6 weeks or so. Not fun!

Anyway- I hope you're feeling better, that your test results have either indicated you're as normal as possible or found a simple and easy to fix cause for why you haven't been feeling well.

Now. On a completely different note... there's a surprise birthday party for Jen H. on Saturday if you'll in town and want to come... send me an email (kehill@telusplanet.net) and I'll forward the details.

Get well soon, okay! TTYL-Kristina

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home