Saturday, February 17, 2007

Dawwwwww....You guys!


So first of all, a big shout out to all my peeps, who supported me when I was down... I... I... love you guys....
Also, my body started crying out for salad after about the sixteenth chocolate cookie. Apparently, my body won't let me abuse it anymore. Damn. And I was gonna start smokin' again. You know, to blend in to "New Jersey". (Kidding... I actually think I'm the only person in the world who didn't want to quit smoking... It just kind of gave up on me.)
I am much more cheerful now. I think I'm going to enroll for EMT training. Still apply to med school, but in the meantime, EMT stuff. Yay! I think it will balance out the crappity job situation, too. I will use the decent money to springboard to something better. And let's face it. Edmonton is cheaper to live in than Calgary. I can do this in a shorter time span. At least, that is this week's plan.
So Bne's giving me a ride to work, and I suddenly notice, "You know? You never see a homeless guy and a leprechaun in the same area?" I know what you're thinking. She's absolutely right. I have not seen a homeless guy and a leprechaun in the same area. But in case you doubt me, I provide the following proofs for my hypothesis. Homeless guys.... Surly. Leprechauns? Also surly. Homeless guys.... drink. Leprechauns? C'mon. They be my people. The Irish. Blood does not course within these veins. Rather, a mixture of erythrocytes and 40 proof whiskey flows through our circulatory system. Both homeless guys and leprechauns protect a mythical pot of gold.
At least the ones along Jasper do.

5 Comments:

At 9:41 PM , Blogger Steve said...

It's definitely great to hear that you're feeling better. Don't be letting it get you down again or else I'll have to come up there and cheer you up :-)

Take care and see you next month.

 
At 9:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and good luck on the EMT stuff! It's a step in the right direction and it'll only look good on a med school application and in the meantime you're doing something to move you closer to your goal.

I'm not so sure about your homeless guys are leprechauns theory. I'm pretty sure that if you were sitting on a pot of gold you wouldn't need to FLAG my CAR down in the DRIVEWAY of the PARKING LOT with my SON INSIDE who you WATCHED me load in the car (creepy, no?) and ask for 5 bucks for a gerry can for gas for a car that is nowhere to be seen. Hmmm... you think I'm getting a little cynical when it comes to the homeless element of the population? Actually it's been better since The Louis closed down- but there's nothing like walking to the office from the scary parking lot and seeing polic tape, evidence markers and a police van to guard the site where some guy got STABBED the night before. Lovely. I work in a great area of town...

Anyway, I hope you have a good weekend and best of luck with the EMT stuff!! TTY

 
At 6:51 PM , Blogger Jenn & Owen said...

You still haven't come over for cookies and salad. I'm starting to get pissed. Maybe when you come, I won't tell you which one is the poisoned cookie.

 
At 11:58 PM , Blogger Siochain said...

Maybe if you returned your messages I could come over. I assumed that Jen was busy with her projects, and I didn't want to bother you! :P

 
At 7:27 PM , Blogger Jenn & Owen said...

Well bleah to you too. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home