Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I need a monster prescription of Fuckitol


So.... um.... I didn't get into med school. Again. For the fourth time. I think they're trying to tell me something. At least I made it to the final cuts this time, which means at the last minute I got thrown to the garbage heap of what I can only assume must be the non-art-thievin', non-hotel room-wreckin', non-prescription abusin' group. And who would want anybody that boring for their physician? I ask you? I'm alternating between utter despair and apathy for everything in my life right now. I think the biggest problem is that I've been trying for this for so long, I don't know what else I would like to do for a career. And I'm gettin' a bit long in the tooth to keep pursuing something that may never happen. Probably will never happen. Not that I'm depressed. Or administering chocolate through IV right now or anything. "20 ccs of Fudgie-os! STAT!" So I welcome everyone's suggestions, because I am seriously, seriously lost right now. I gotta go eat more stuff now. See yas.

8 Comments:

At 10:08 PM , Blogger Jenn & Owen said...

Eating more.... Good idea.... How about doing that at our place this weekend sometime?

 
At 1:04 PM , Blogger Steve said...

Sorry doesn't even begin to cover it. Take care of yourself. When I get back to Calgary I'll make you a batch of Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies dipped in Chocolate.

 
At 7:54 PM , Blogger Siochain said...

Hey jenn and owen
i am heading down to Calgary this weekend to say not goodbye, but see you later to the great steve-o. But how about next weekend?

 
At 8:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, sweetie, that's rough. I'm not sure what you do now- either you figure out what they are looking for and spend the next year adding to your resume- volunteering and that kind of thing- or you let it go and figure out something else. You're not THAT long in the tooth and you've got plenty of time to sort it out. You'll get it sorted out... one of these days. Best of luck and ((((HUGS)))) for the bad news this week. TTYL

 
At 8:59 PM , Blogger Jenn & Owen said...

Hey, next weekend should be cool. Give us a call this week so that we can call you... and feed you... and get you to drink some of the vast amount of booze we have lying around that we don't want to move when we move to our new house.

 
At 7:16 PM , Blogger Suz said...

Honey, your perseverence and determination is one of things that you will make you a fantastic doctor. It's something that you will do for more time than you've spent trying to get into med school or all the other school you've done so far. I think your current job, however long it lasts, will be the last thing you need to make it. I believe in you - always. All my love...

 
At 2:53 PM , Blogger Tom said...

I'm sorry to hear things didn't work out this go-around. But you're tough and smart as hell. Keep at it. You got really close this time, and maybe that experience will land you the position later on. And who knows, other doors may open for you too! Keep your ears and eyes open for those opportunities out there.

 
At 9:07 PM , Blogger Jenn & Owen said...

You need to phone us and come and visit us, we will feed you, we promise.

And, maybe we can even cheer you up a bit too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home