Thursday, January 04, 2007


Yet another sign of the impending Armageddon: They have begus serving, get this, sushi, in the hospital cafeteria. Because the regular food poisoning wasn't bad enough. I swear to the god of bunnies, if they want to fix the bed shortage we're experiencing in Calgary, they should close down the cafeteria. That would eliminate half of the GI emergencies right there, in my opinion. Of course, for legal reasons, I will say that I can't prove any of this, and that this is only my own personal bias and is purely mentioned for comedic value. But seriously, sushi? Kee-rist!
Um, also, just in case some people get all zealoty on me for the previous blog (Bne...take a joke) I actually like Edmonton very very much, and for the record, when I went to New Jersey, it smelled a hell of a lot less than New York. Of course, there was a garbage strike on at the time, but still. I think the motto would lose a bit of its je ne sais quoi if it read: Welcome to Edmonton, sorry about the smell, but hey, it could be worse, you could be in New York during a garbage strike.
Work is kinda funny right now. I'm on my last two weeks, and (surprise!) there is a grant due at the end of it, so I've got a tonne of stuff to do (metric tonne) and so far, I've been given 3 more projects in addition to the three I should already be dedicating all my time to. So, in the spirit of the two weeks' notice clause, I spent a large chunk of my day perched on top of the filing cabinet eating leftover Christmas chocolate. Ahh, fulfilling.

4 Comments:

At 4:13 PM , Blogger Steve said...

As I have mentioned more than once, Edmonton will be a virtual paradise compared to Beebe, Arkansas.

 
At 4:17 PM , Blogger Siochain said...

Ha ha you have to live in a dry province! But don't worry, I'll send you beer in a care package!

 
At 6:05 PM , Blogger Steve said...

(grumble grumble). You'd better. You don't want me sober six months down the road realizing where I've spent the last half a year.

 
At 7:54 PM , Blogger Jenn & Owen said...

Hey, you planning ot let us know when you'll come to visit this weekend?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home