Monday, June 18, 2007

I haven't been sleeping.

And I know what you're going to suggest, but work is far too busy (and surprisingly enjoyable) to make up for lost naps. I may actually take the unprecedented step in my family of willingly seeking out a doctor (Our family motto: Mortalis ante Medicus), because I can't keep getting to sleep at 3 when I have to get up at 6... 6:15... 6:25... 6:33... 7:14... snooooozzee........
I suspect that only a small part of this is due to my penchant for reading zombie graphic novels and books on... um... child soldiers in Sierra Leone before I sleep. I've always read books on a variety of subjects, and I haven't always been getting to sleep when the birds start to sing again (Sample song: "Ooooooooooooooooooohhh..... It's morning but not yet because it's still dark but the sun's going to be up real soon, and I looooooooooooooooooooooove to sing-a..... And good lord ain't I cute on this little branch with my adorable feaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaathers.....")
I think it may be the new job. Not that I don't love it, because I really, really do. It's just that (shockingly) it can be a bit sad working in a cancer centre sometimes. Sometimes there are bad days, and I wouldn't be able to do my work if I let it get to me then, so... It percolates. And then it hits when I finally get to lie down and "not" think.
Ha. I have yet again avoided the doctor... MORTALIS ANTE MEDICUS! WHOOT!

8 Comments:

At 7:01 PM , Blogger Jenn & Owen said...

You think your work keeps you from sleeping, I thought I had to report myself to the law society.

 
At 11:28 PM , Blogger Siochain said...

For being unlawfully sexy?

 
At 7:31 PM , Blogger Jenn & Owen said...

For Sub-optimal practice in the swearing of an affidavit. Long story, boring for non-lawyers, needless to say I didn't sleep for two days and got really pissy with both my staff and my cats, but most unforgivable my wife.

 
At 12:14 AM , Blogger Siochain said...

Mine was funnier. I'm going to stick with it.
UNLAWFULLY SEXY MAN, TO THE SEXYMOBILE!
UNLAWFULLY SEXY MAN, AWAYYYY!!!!!

 
At 1:19 PM , Blogger Steve said...

I know I've said it before, but try to remember that, while your work has you facing dying people it's also helping to ensure that future people don't have to suffer through the same fate. And I think that's a lot more impressive/important/descent than my job, which is to help to rape the environment on a daily basis.

 
At 9:23 PM , Blogger Jenn & Owen said...

what God has put together, let NOMAN put asunder!

(Slogan of the National Organization of Matrimonial Attorneys)

 
At 10:23 PM , Blogger K. Donovan said...

Wow, 2003 Clooney / Zeta-Jones vehicles for the win, dude.

Also, raping the earth and curing cancer pale, PALE, before my career, which pretty much consists of being yelled at over the phone by angry receptionists on a daily basis. You haven't lived until a fortysomething clerk named Debbie has bitched you out because her boss's business is losing literally DOZENS of dollars because their fax machine doesn't work properly.

 
At 1:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Hotcop- are you coming down for Canada Day and Jackie's place?

I forgot to ask The Bne on Saturday.

-TooTallTooThin

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home