Saturday, July 08, 2006


Just chillin', in my disgustingly warm apartment. Listening to some Chopin. Praying for sleep. I was actually considering making a bag of frozen peas my new teddy bear until this "heat wave" is over, but then I thought, "Ewwwww.... Peas." I actually don't know many people who keep frozen peas because they eat them. I think that half of the frozen pea market actually is made up of people such as myself, who keep it around for when they inevitably hurt themselves. Makes a great icepack, they does. Personally, I can't stand them, unless, (and don't judge me, people... My mum is British, and they eat weird stuff. It's genetic) they are mushy peas. I freakin' love mushy peas. With fish and chips. MMMMMmmmmmm...... Pea mush. Ahem. I think I've made my point. Moving on...
The Stampede kicked off today. I wouldn't have noticed, except that they apparently had the Snowbirds performing their amazing flying antics to coincide with the parade... Scared the s--t out of me. I was sleeping soundly, (at 9 am, but keep in mind, I work in research, so a day that I get in before 11 is, like, huge, okay? Don't judge me.) and these 9 CT-114 Tutor jets (in perfect formation! Nice!) go screaming past my bedroom window. Being the rational person I always am (particularly first thing in the morning) I managed to simultaneously slam my face into the wall, yank up the blinds, and leap out of bed. Yeah, it hurt. But at the time, I was convinced we were under attack, and the only thing saving the free world was if I could give myself a nosebleed, apparently. Thank god we had frozen peas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home