Tuesday, October 17, 2006

So here's the thing... I really, really want to pursue a career in medicine... And yet, here I am again, procrastinating. I think the crux of the situation is that I would make a great physician, a wonderful healer, but when it comes to filling out the damn application forms, I would rather perform an endoscopy on myself, without local anesthetic. Twice. I f**king hate hate HATE med school applications. I even prefer the rejection letters to filling out the endless paperwork and online forms that medical school administrators apparently require before they reject you to let, oh, I don't know, that guy who would routinely let his lab mice STARVE TO DEATH, in before you...
Not that I'm bitter, or disillusioned with the process. I mean, I can see why they would find criminal neglect a desirable quality in today's physician. Um, wait a sec.
In other news, I am still sick. No, I mean physically. It's some sort of flu-type thingy that I can't seem to shake... It's really annoying. On the plus side, I'm taking the lab down with me... All three of us are disgusting and phlegmy and headachey... And none of us are what you would call "stoic", so the whole cancer floor can hear us whining. It's awesome.
Now that I've vented, and am inhaling more Coke Zero (which has the best belching potential of any of the Coca-Cola products, by the by), I suppose I will take another look at my (ugh) application. Bleargh. Or maybe I'll play solitaire.

5 Comments:

At 7:45 AM , Blogger Stina said...

Good Luck with the application!! I'm SOOOOOO glad to be done with all that. The last bit of paperwork I had to file was to get registered as a professional engineer. That was only a 4 page application with a 5 page work history (have to make sure I've been doing engineering work...) and then what I was told would be a 3-6 month wait. Almost 8 months later... I finally got the damn letter.

I hate bureaucracy.

Oh, wait. I work for the government.

We've only recently switched from filling in vacation forms that no one understands in QUADRUPILCATE to electronic versions that are even less understandable. Gotta love government!!

 
At 9:11 AM , Blogger cenobyte said...

Can't you hire an undergraduate student to fill out those forms for you? I hear they'll work for Doritos and clean socks.

 
At 4:34 PM , Blogger K. Donovan said...

Working for Bell rules. I get my vacation time by picking it from a drop-down menu.

Also, Coke Zero: best diet soda evar.

 
At 9:26 PM , Blogger Electric Maenad said...

On the topic of pointlessly wasting time... wanna come to a party on the 28th? I have already e-mailed your brother an invite, but I regrettably do not have your e-mail address.

 
At 9:55 AM , Blogger Bne said...

Actualy Ceno I think you're thinking of Grad students that work for Doritos and clean socks.

Undergrads actually get paid to work.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home