Tuesday, May 20, 2008

This is kind of embarrassing.

I can't do unemployment. One entire day of officially not having to work, and I almost went insane.
I accidentally broke a teapot.
Which was good, because the resulting explosion of glass shards gave me something to do for the next three hours... Wash floor, vacuum floor, vacuum carpet near floor, step on glass chunks, pull glass chunks out of feet, go to store and buy new teapot. Also Band-aids.
I was feeling sorry for myself, so I bought two new CDs... Robert Johnson, and Blind Willie McTell. Listening to the blues made me feel much better about my own troubles.
("I got them, low-down, broken teapot bluess...... I gots the blueeeeeeesss sooooooo baddddd.... Sorta wish I was deaaaaaaddd............................ Or maybe....... I'm just gonna go shoppinggg...... insteaddddd!" doesn't quite project the same sense of trouble in a troubled world that the aforementioned artists did.)
And I packed most of my books up for the locker, in case this is all a bust and I need to return to the sunny shores of... um... Calgary.
After a few more hours of the crazy, I decided that going in to work tomorrow is a good idea, if only to lull the new teapot into a false sense of security.

1 Comments:

At 3:12 PM , Blogger Jen Hammer said...

I know you will find something :) It all depends on timing. It seems like a lot of people I know are going to Vancouver, so it must be the place to be.

Good luck.

-Jen H.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home