Thursday, May 08, 2008

I think it could be considered ironic...

When it's pouring rain in Calgary and sunny in Vancouver.... Mom (camera shifts to me doing the "Told ya so" dance, extended version complete with shimmies and jazz hands).
Hey, whatever. I'm just glad it's not the 25 cm of snow we were threatened with earlier in the day. (When I check The Weather Network these days, Carmina Burana echoes through my head... "O Fortuna...").
When I got home today, I had the urge for sweet potatoes for dinner. Delicious and extremely healthy (especially when drizzled with butter and honey and sprinkled with cinnamon. I need to believe this). Unfortunately, the vegetable peeler had other plans. About twenty minutes in, Mr. Tall was drawn to the warm glow of the kitchen. It was probably a metaphorical glow from all the "bright" language spewing forth from my mouth.
"Holy S$%!" Mr. Tall exclaims. "Don't peel towards yourself!"
"But it's... (grumble) the only... (thump) way this g#$$%##$%..... (Thump. Crash. Glass shattering.) Aw, @#$% it, I didn't want sweet potatoes anyway."
So popcorn was good too.
And healthy.
Especially the white cheddar flavor.

5 Comments:

At 7:53 AM , Blogger Steve said...

Ya know, if you need a new peeler, I know a guy who knows a guy. He could hook you up...

Just sayin.

 
At 3:07 PM , Blogger cenobyte said...

You're not supposed to peel toward yourself?

How the hell do you get things peeled then?

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger Siochain said...

Apparently, you're supposed to peel AWAY from yourself or something. I don't get it.

 
At 4:00 PM , Blogger cenobyte said...

peeling away from yourself makes no sense. You have no leverage. I think you're being lied to. By unpractised peelers.

 
At 6:22 PM , Blogger Jenn & Owen said...

I'm with Mr. Tall on this one. Of course, I always have to side with Mr Tall, because he is tall. And potentially armed with machineguns. And always goes for Dimsum.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home