Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I've been on a binge for the last few days. A job hunting binge. I only took a break to buy cleaning supplies and clean the apartment, which for me is like crack cocaine. More about this later. As I was saying, I have become fairly disillusioned with my job lately, for the sole reason that looking for a cure for cancer pays nothing. Well, almost nothing. Also, my landlord raised my rent, so ppblltthh... (verbal equivalent of sticking your tongue out). That pretty much clinches it, I thought, looking at my bills, and deciding to once again put off going to the dentist. HA! I've foiled the evil dental overlords again! I guess the situation isn't all bad... Oh crap. I think I feel a twinge in my tooth...
As I was saying, I've been on a resume/CV submission binge the last few days. I half expect to wake up in a ditch with a cover letter stuck to my face, toner streaks in my hair, clutching at vaguely relevant business cards, with no clue as to how I got there. I'm pretty sure there will be some form of wildlife chewing on my fingers, too, but this may be the pessimist rearing its ugly, depressing, non-potential realizing little head.
Also, I'm starting to have conversations in my head at night. It makes it hard to sleep.
"Must... Find... Job..."
"But you have a job, silly."
"Must... Find... Better job..."
"But you want to do a post-doc."
"Can't... Afford... School..."
"Live with it, you big goober. So you eat no-name macaroni for a few more years... wait a sec..."
"Hate... Macaroni..."
"Yeah, wait a sec, I hate it too! You should start looking for a better job."
"Shut... Up... Or... Get... Poked... With... Q-Tip..."
"Ha! You can't afford Q-Tips right now! Nyah, nyah! You're so poor! Ha!"
"Damn... It..."
Siiiigghhh.....
On the plus side, as I mentioned before, I got to clean the apartment yesterday. Those of you who know me know exactly how bizarrely happy this makes me. I was actually singing to myself while I was figuring out the best organizational layout for the storage cupboard. I think maybe it's time to change medications. But not until I get the storage locker downstairs. Oh, and before anybody offers, I do not enjoy cleaning other people's houses. Okay, yes I do. I really, really do. Ask K. Donovan. But I will not clean any one's house right now, until I clean my mom's. 'Cause I love her, and she makes me pancakes and criticizes my choice in men, and really, is there a better combination in life than a mom who loves you that much? You know what, maybe I can supplement my income by cleaning friend's houses. That will be a good use of the master's degree. And at least I'll have fun...

8 Comments:

At 6:40 PM , Blogger Stina said...

Sending you good job vibes...

I'm glad you like cleaning. Someone has to!! I like my cleaning lady... is that the same thing? Not quite, I guess :). TTYL

 
At 9:37 AM , Blogger K. Donovan said...

She did a really good job, too, and accepted payment in empty peanut shells.

Which I keep around for a very good reason, I assure you.

 
At 6:37 PM , Blogger Jenn & Owen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:39 PM , Blogger Jenn & Owen said...

You really shouldn't post about k donovan on your blog. He's not a bastard, but he will spend unbounded periods of time composing haiku just to get on your nerves. Just an observation based on the times I have fallen into the same trap.

 
At 11:59 PM , Blogger K. Donovan said...

I suppose you'd prefer Limericks?

There once was a man from the Chuck,
Who didn't deserve his own luck.
He scorned his one brother,
And, asked what he'd druther,
Replied: "Send me one that don't suck."

 
At 8:45 PM , Blogger Jenn & Owen said...

Bravo

 
At 8:45 PM , Blogger Jenn & Owen said...

Bravo

 
At 5:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! peugeot garages http://www.rhinoplasty-7.info/Ultramaddiction.html Mitsubishi projector replacement lamp Mcse careers Sniper r body kits for honda http://www.2002-chrysler-prowler.info/Vardenafil1.html gmc clubmobile 'geronimo' antique vanity chairs accessori peugeot 206 minivan Windows scripting host setup tuning peugeot 306 kombi peugeot 605 parts sql data recovery Free removal scanner virus Levitra contraindication lifted Stanley gate opener 430

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home