Monday, July 17, 2006


So I was getting ready for work this morning, and I'm fixing my hair in the mirror, and then, I sighed. Not one of those, "Oh crap, it's Monday," sighs, but one of those long, drawn-out, "Oh God I need a vacation so bad if I go to work today I'm going to kill everybody" sighs. So I called in a mental health day. I love my job for this, because really, the pay is so low that I think my boss is impressed that I come in at all. Ever.
I had all these plans for organizing my life today... I was going to do laundry, clean up the apartment, get rid of the mountain of paperwork littering every horizontal surface in this accursed place, and finally organize the cesspool of insecurity that is my life. Yup, that was the plan. So I brought danish over to my mum's place, we trash-talked certain relatives for a while ("Papa, can you hear me?" "Can you hear me now?" "Good!"), and then we went to "Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest", which really should have been entitled, "Pirates of the Carribean: Orlando's Shirt Gets Torn Off". I'm telling you now, it's a good thing there were no children at the 12:00 showing, because some of the comments I may or may not have made may or may not have scarred some young minds, had they been heard. "Mommy, why is that lady screaming, "Do me now, you elven stud!"? Ahem. Anyway, two thumbs up. Great family fun. For me.

5 Comments:

At 7:00 AM , Blogger Stina said...

Mmmmmm... Orlando Bloom...

We saw the movie last weekend and apart from the whole nothing gets finished thing it was a good movie. The crappy thing is that we have to wait until 2007 before we get to see the end. Ugh... I hate to-be-continueds.

It sounds like you had a good day yesterday :). There's nothing like a mental health day!!! TTYL

 
At 3:10 PM , Blogger Jenn & Owen said...

Mmmm, mental health. I remember that, I used to have it back during my undergrad. I think it was a result of a steady application of Rye and Beer, with a red wine chaser. Good times.

 
At 6:34 PM , Blogger K. Donovan said...

I gather that if you stay until after the credits, there is closure on the stray dog plotline.

 
At 9:46 AM , Blogger Siochain said...

Well crap. Now I have to go see it again.... :D (so... happy...)

 
At 6:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! http://www.gay-shirts.info/Men-aposs-shirt.html t-shirt shops in australia Medical malpractice deposition outline Kia sedona chat

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home