Wednesday, May 17, 2006


I'm just going to launch right into it... If anyone actually reads this, they will get to know me pretty well... (A little too well... "Put your pants back on, please." "But it says 'Casual Friday' on the memo!").
Ahh... I loves me job. So I'm at work today, and one thing leads to another, and for whatever reason (I was praying at the time, and feeding homeless kittens and orphans, by the way), I end up being fireman lifted onto a co-worker's shoulder. Not a problem, ordinarily, but this was a "girlie day", by which I mean I was wearing a skirt. Fortunately, it was not a "girlie commando day". My mom taught me well. Anyway, this is all just a build up to the actual hilarity that ensued... This observation of non-commandoness led to a discussion of boxers vs. boxer briefs vs. tighty-whities. A different co-worker of mine has plans to manufacture and distribute a particular line of tighty-whities... Under the manufacturing label "Captain Nut Huggers". I laughed until H2SO4 came out my nose ("OH GOD... IT BURNS!!!!"). Other science geeks will get this one... You know, the rhyme about little Johnny? Anybody? (sound of crickets fleeing to less geeky pastures). So that was pretty much the high point of my work today. Forecasts for tomorrow predict crazy with a slight chance of soul-crushing despair. Not for me, though, so s'all good.

2 Comments:

At 10:28 PM , Blogger Suz said...

Heh. I'm so glad that you feel comfortable enough to show your skivvies at work.

 
At 2:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home